Version 3.3: Released on 23 May 2016
•FileList now scans mobile devices. Simply access your device using "This PC\MyDevice" as path.
•With the new parameter /MAXLEVEL you may now specify a maximum directory level to be enumerated.
•Using /MINLEVEL, you can now specify a minimum directory level.
•Added option /PATHLENGTH which adds an additional column with the length of full path of file or folder.
•Use /MINPATHLENGTH to show only files whose full path has at least the specified length.
•Added short parameters for common parameters to enhance the workflow.
•Improvement: The console help has been completely renewed. It now provides more information about the available functions.
Version 3.2.1: Released on 21 Apr 2015
•Bugfix: Files without attributes were not listed if * was defined as AttributeFilter. This is no longer the case.
Version 3.2: Released on 25 Mar 2015
•The error management of FileList has been improved, exit codes have been added.
•The new parameter /COLUMNS that adds a comma-separated set of columns to the output has been introduced.
•Bugfix: Symbolic links can now be included in the FileList output.
•Bugfix: The directory level is now calculated correctly.
•Bugfix: Sparse files and folders were not listed if "L" was defined as AttributeFilter.
•A few minor fixes and improvements have been incorporated.
Version 3.1: Released on 15 Jul 2014
•FileList is now also able to export Folder information.
•Introduced new Attribute Filters: Offline (O), Sparse (P), Directory (D), All Files and Folders (*).
Version 3.0: Released on 26 Nov 2013
•You can now use /ISO to display file dates in ISO format.
•Added seconds to time values.
•Improvement: use /FRN to output an additional column with the NTFS file reference number.
•With /DIRLEVEL the depth of any file can be displayed.
•Type /NOTITLE to omit the task descriptions but not the column headers.
•Improved Filters: /ATTRIBUTEFILTER filters files by their file attributes.
•Added option /MINDATE to define a change date. Only files which have been changed after this date will be displayed.
•FileList is now using the extremely fast search technology of UltraSearch. The scanning speed has increased about 25% by working directly on the NTFS file system.
•It's now possible to scan file systems of other machines in your local network by using their names.
Version 2.4: Released on 16 Jan 2012
•Improvement: In case an error occurs that prevents FileList from doing its job, the Windows error code will be set as exit code for the process.
•If the output is redirected, it now contains the UTF8 BOM.
•Bugfix: If stderr was redirected using 2>, the resulting file was empty.
•A few minor fixes and improvements have been incorporated.
Version 2.3.2: Released on 06 Jan 2012
•Bugfix: After FileList was called with redirect (>) on Windows XP, batch files were no longer executed properly.
•The "FileList.Exe" file now includes version information and an icon.
Version 2.3.1: Released on 02 Mar 2011
•Bugfix: Output which is redirected to a file now also properly outputs Unicode characters.
Version 2.3: Released on 29 Nov 2010
• Added option /FULLPATH which outputs one column with the full path of each file instead of one column with the name and one with the directory path.
• Added option /SHA256 which outputs a column with the SHA256 checksum of each file.
• Added command line switch /MINSIZE that allows to specify a minimum file size for the files to be listed.
• Improved support for path fragments when using the /FILTER command line switch, e.g. *\System32\*.DLL
• Improved performance.
Version 2.2: Released 30 Mar 2010
• Now paths longer than 255 characters are supported.
• Now error messages are written to StdError, formerly they were not displayed at all.
• Some minor improvements have been included.
Version 2.1: Released 26 Aug 2009
• Added command line switch /VERSIONS that extracts version info from binary files
• Added command line parameter /LISTSEPARATOR that allows you to set the character used for separating the columns. By default the list separator from the "Regional Settings"
of the Windows Control Panel is used.
• Bugfix: For some file sizes >4GB 1 byte was missing
• Bugfix: Directories starting with a dot have been ignored in previous versions
Version 2.0: Released 21 Jan 2008
• Support for Windows 9x/ME has been dropped
• Large parts of the source code have been rewritten
• Added optional MD5 column which can be activated with the /MD5 switch
• Added optional column for the last save date of MS Office documents
Version 1.6: Released 18 May 2007
• Bugfix: The /ATTRIBUTES switch was not working as expected.
Version 1.5: Released 30 Aug 2006
• A column that shows the file attributes for each file can now be included using the command line switch /ATTRIBUTES
Version 1.41: Released on 24 Mar 2006
•Bugfix: The OWNERS and AUTHORS command line parameter was accidentally switched.
Version 1.4: Released on 25 Jan 2006
• The owner column is now optional and can be activated with the command line switch /OWNERS
• The internal scanning routines are now Unicode enabled.
Version 1.3.3: Released on 01 Dec 2005
• The file size of files >4GB was not returned correctly.
Version 1.3.2: Released on 30 Sep 2005
• Added quotes also around the values of the extension column.
• The DLL that accompanied the previous versions is not necessary any more.
Version 1.3.1: Not officially released
• Added command line option /NOHEADER that leaves out the column headers and only prints the raw data
Version 1.3: Released on 15 Apr 2004
• Problem fixed with file sizes >2GB
• Added columns for creation date and extension
Version 1.2: Released 13 May 2003
• Smaller .EXE file
• New command line option /AUTHORS
• New command line switch /FILTER
Version 1.1: Released 30 May 2002
• FileList now uses the list separator char that is set in the control panel to seperate the columns.
• Strings are now quoted so that the list seperator may also appear inside file names without causing problems.
Version 1.0: Released on 13 Mar 2002
• First public release