Please enter your query or select one of the above categories.
After an update or because of another reason the ServerSentinel service does not longer exist.
To reinstall the service there are two options:
- Re-install ServerSentinel. During the installation, you should be asked to choose a user for the service. If this page does not occur, the service is damaged and must be uninstalled first. Follow the instruction from 2. to do this.
- You can install the service manually by executing “ServerSentinel.Service.exe /install” on the command line. The file is located in the installation directory in the sub-directory "bin”. A dialog should open, where you can choose the user for the service. If the dialog does not open, the service is damaged and must be uninstalled first. In this case execute first “ServerSentinel.Service.exe /uninstall” and then install it again.
I am using the SQL Server Native Client 10 or 10.1 provider and configure it using the dialog. When I enter a user name and password, the password is not saved thought the option 'Allow saving password' is set. How can I save the password?
This is a bug in the provider. To avoid it, you have several options:
- Go in the dialog to the 'All' tab and set the option 'Persist Security Info' to true. Afterwards the password should be saved.
- Extend the connection string manually with the parameter 'Password=********;'.
- Use instead of user name/password the integrated Windows security.
- Use the 'Microsoft OLE DB Provider for SQL Server instead which does not have this problem.