Node.js Vs Python: What's the Difference?
Helpful guide for choosing the right technology
It is extremely important to use the appropriate backend technology in ways that are compatible with the project's use cases. It describes the performance, resource consumption, ease of formation, adaptiveness, and often even the success of a project.
The server-side or the backend, of an application, is the foundation of any project, and the client-side works on it. No matter how great and responsive your front end might look, the application will face its downfall without a strong backend to hold it up.
This leads us to think about a very critical question of selecting one of the two robust backend technologies for a successful project - Node.js or Python?
Choosing the right technology is an important task before you start any software project – something that JAM Software also puts a lot of energy into. That’s why I will assist you in choosing the right technology and compare the two most prevalent backend technologies, Node.js and Python, in detail in this article.
On the one hand, Node.js is an execution environment, whereas Python is at the top of the hierarchy of programming languages. Let's take a look at the differences.
Harikrishna Kundariya is a marketer, developer, IoT & ChatBot savvy, co-founder, Director of eSparkBiz Technologies, A Software Development Company. His 10+ experience enables him to provide digital solutions to new start-ups based on IoT and ChatBot.
What is Node.js?
What is Python?
Python has been in the field since 1991. Python is an object-oriented, high-quality, adaptable, and multipurpose programming language. Its syntax and dynamic typing, with its explicit nature, make it the most suitable language for scripting. Python encourages multiple programming models, including functional programming and tactical styles.
Features of Node.js
- Node.js uses a single-threaded model along with event looping. This type of event structure gives the server the advantage of responding in a non-blocking manner.
- There’s no stifling in Node.js, as applications return the data in segments.
Features of Python
- Python enables low-level module inclusion in its interpreter. These modules then permit programmers to add or customize the tools.
- It provides access to all the top commercial databases.
- It sustains functional and organized programming systems as well as OOP.
- It presents top-hierarchy dynamic data approaches and encourages dynamic type proofing.
- It can be easily indicated through C, C++, COM, ActiveX, CORBA, and Java.
The Key Differences Between Node.js and Python
- Node.js is most suitable for web applications and website development, while Python is better for backend applications, statistical calculations, and machine learning.
- Node.js's programming language is perfect for asynchronous programming, while Python is certainly not the right fit for such noncontemporary programming.
- Node.js is mostly suitable for small projects, whereas Python is suitable for large projects.
- Differing from Node.js and Python, Node.js is accurate for memory-intensive activities, and on the other hand, Python is not well suggested for memory-intensive activities.
NODE.JS vs PYTHON
|It is most suitable for noncontemporary programming.||It is not so perfect for noncontemporary programming.|
|It lacks the standards of neat coding, so Node.js is not recommended for large projects.||Python is an ideal language for large projects as it can do everything using PHP code.|
|At present, Node.js is the optimal platform available to deal with real-time applications.||Python is not an optimal platform to deal with real-time applications.|
|It works best for small projects, as it enables functionality that requires fewer keystrokes of coding.||Conversely, Python works best for large projects.|
|Most recommended for memory-intensive activities.||Python is not recommended for memory-intensive activities.|
|Node.js is the ideal choice if your objective is website development and web applications.||Python is a better choice to accomplish multiple activities like integration with backend applications, tactical calculations, network programming, and machine learning.|
|Node.js encourages callbacks. Its programming is based on events, which makes it processed quickly.||Python encourages generators, which makes it effortless.|
Choosing a suitable development platform is a crucial step in the early stages of app development. Node.js and Python are surely the most discussed topics. Here’s the concept of when to use Node.js and when to use Python.
Where to use Node.js?
Considering the differences between Node.js and Python, Node.js provides the performance and speed that are required. It's the perfect platform for building messaging and chat applications. It is also helpful in developing heavy-loading applications and e-commerce websites that depend on processing speed.
The most suitable applications with Node.js
- Data Streaming Apps
- I/O-based apps
- (DIRT) Data-Intensive Real-Time Apps
- One-page apps
- JSON APIs bound apps
When to use Python?
Python contains significant storage filled with open-source data analysis tools, web frameworks, and testing devices. Due to this, its ecosystem is one of the biggest programming communities. Python is the most accessible language for new developers, as it offers several introductory resources.
Python is taught in many universities and is utilized for working with beginner-friendly tools like Raspberry Pi. Considering the differences between Python and Node.js, Python benefits from consistency, stability, and ease of use. It is most recommended for developing scientific applications, huge statistical solutions, and government-level projects.
The most suitable applications for Python
- Scientific and statistical apps
- Education apps
- Business apps
- Desktop GUI-based apps
- Web and network development apps
Selecting between Node.js and Python can turn out to be tricky sometimes when you are developing a full-fledged project. The functions and advantages on both sides are outstanding and can block your judgment.
This is why the ideal way to successfully develop your projects is to hire skilled developers who will engineer your plan and create the perfect applications for your business. Alternatively, you can connect to a Node js development company that can provide the perfect solutions for your development projects.