We do not work with activation codes because you can find them very easily on the internet. We are working with separate trial and full versions. After purchasing our software, customers get an account for our customer's area where they can download the full version for at least 12 months. We will also send a CD at additional cost. Our customers will also receive an installation key, which will be necessary to install the full version. You should keep both in a safe place. Installing the full version over the trial version will preserve your existing data and settings.
There are 3 possible reasons why "Demo version" still shows up:
1. You did not download and install the full version from the URL you received after the purchase.
2. You have accidentally installed the trial version again. (Have you been asked for a installation key?)
3. You have installed the full version to a different folder than the trial version, which is now still on your disk.
Yes, they are. To update Exchange Server Toolbox you need to install the new version. The setup of Exchange Server Toolbox will automatically deinstall your previous version and leave your settings files. In some cases a restart of the server is necessary to complete the de-installation. In this case the setup will automatically resume installation when the server has restarted.
Yes, the integrated SpamAssassin does not only use RBL which need ICMP for requesting, you also need to open TCP Port 7 and TCP Port 2703 to make SpamAssassin able to use Razor2. Otherwise spam scans may last longer than one minute or you need to disable Razor2:
- Create a CF file like "XMySettings.cf" (text files) and put "score RAZOR2_CHECK 0" in it.
- Put this file in "C:\ProgramData\JAM Software\spamdService\sa-config\"
The Exchange Server Toolbox uses .Net regular expressions with the options IgnoreCase and Singlelineset to true. Please don't use ^ or $ because the Multiline option is not set.
A tool for testing .NET regular expressions can be found here.