1. Make sure that the correct TAPI driver is installed on the system.
2. Navigate to "Tools->Settings->Telephony->TAPI".
3. Configure the prefixes to dial external numbers, if necessary. For SmartCallMonitor to find contact information for a call, the application removes these prefixes before contact lookup.
4. Set the maximal length of internal phone numbers in the section "Internal Numbers".
If you want to install call monitoring through a Fritzbox, Easybox or similar, NCID is the right choice. In any case the router must support the NCID protocol.
However, NCID is only able to monitor calls, but cannot control the call flow which means that some functions of SmartCallMonitor are not available (e.g. starting a call through the application).
To install monitoring the following steps must be followed:
1. Make sure that SmartCallMonitor can communicate with the device. Open the respective port on the device, if needed.
If you use a Fritzbox, you can do the following in step 1:
On a telephone, which is connected to the Fritzbox, dial the character string "#96*5*" (without quotation marks). This opens port 1012 on the device and enables applications to read from it. If you want to close the port again, you can use "#96*4*".
2. Start SmartCallMonitor.
3. Enter the IP address of the device and the correct port in "Extras->Settings->Telephony->NCID".
4. On confirming the settings a connection is established with the device.
If mobile numbers are falsely identified as calls with the +1 country prefix, this is caused by wrong TAPI settings in SmartCallMonitor. Please make sure that prefix settings in "Tools->Settings->Telephony->TAPI" are correct.
If you need to dial a 0 for external calls, SmartCallMonitor must remove it from outgoing and incoming calls before contact lookup. Therefore "Remove prefix from incoming calls" and "Remove prefix from outgoing calls" must be set to 0.