Thanks to the custom search included in the File Search TreeSize is an extremely powerful swiss knife tool for file management. Search FTP, WebDAV, SharePoint servers, SharePoint online, and Amazon S3 as well as Linux machines via SSH.
You can configure your own file search and tell TreeSize exactly which files you are looking for. The customized file search enables you to perform multiple searches and to define the criteria against which TreeSize shall match files:
- Decide whether TreeSize shall exclude or include files matching your search.
- Filter files according to file owner or path and search the file content.
- Search for certain patterns (e.g. *.JPG) or file types (e.g. "Video files"), regular expressions or the entire file name.
- Find files that have been changed during a certain period of time.
- Set a maximum and/or minimum file size to find e.g. the largest files on a volume
- Set a maximum and/or minimum path length to find long paths.
- You can also use all Windows Explorer columns as search criteria, show them in the result list and export them.
- Search files that have a certain attribute set (e.g."Readonly" or "System") or have Alternate Data Streams associated.
- Have TreeSize search only files or only folders or both.
All metadata in one point
The metadata presented in the result lists can be configured on the "View" ribbon bar. Besides the many metadata information that TreeSize is able to deliver, you can add any column of the Windows Explorer to the result list. This includes 3rd party Shell extensions that often get installed along with a software for their proprietary file formats.
But that's not all: The information can be exported to files in various formats, among them Excel, PDF, CSV, and HTML, which makes further processing or reporting very easy.
You can save all search settings in order to load them and repeat the search at a later point, or to automatize them using the builtin scheduler of TreeSize. You can configure if the results should be exported to a Excel, text or PDF file, or if the files should be processed in some other way.
Process search results
TreeSize does not stop on the reporting level, it allows powerful batch processing by applying copy, remove, rename or delete operations on all results, all this fully integrated in the TreeSize user interface.
You can also send the search results by email, optional according to a predefined schedule via TreeSize Task Scheduler.
Learn more about the TreeSize File Search in this video:
The TreeSize File Search can be started via the Windows Start Menu or the "File Search" menu of TreeSize main module.