The TJamShellList Delphi Component displays the contents of a folder. While being highly customizable, in its default state it looks and behaves exactly like the file list in the right pane of the Windows Explorer. In addition, you have full access to the possible operations by the user.
The list can switch between the view styles Small Icons, Large Icons, List,Thumbnails and Details.
In the Thumbnail view, every thumbnail is loaded in its own thread to increase the performance and optimize the user experience while browsing.
Icon view style is available in various sizes. Overlay images can be added as well, like seen in the following screenshots.
Compact overview on the contents of a folder with the view style List.
The ShellListView supports two types of context menus known from the Windows Explorer. The shell context menu for elements selected in the list:
The background context menu to create new files, switch item views or copy and paste files:
Both menus can be customized to your needs. You can add own menu items, or replace the whole menu by your own. Also the execution of shell context menu entries can be intercepted and cancelled or modified.
- Full support of drag and drop operations between the ShellList and other ShellBrowser controls or Windows Explorer.
- The contents of the ShellList can easily and flexibly be filtered.
- The ShellList can be linked to a TJamSearchEdit box to display the results of a search.
- Custom columns are supported to add custom data to file system elements.
- Different checkmodes are available.
- Option to store and reload view settings for each folder.
- Navigation and execution of context menu commands can be intercepted using events.
- The default theme mimics the Windows Explorer, custom VCL themes are fully supported as well.