TreeSizeThe Powerful Disk Space Management Software
Rename Multiple Files at the Same Time
Many know the problem: Files have invalid characters in their names or have to be renamed for other reasons. If there are only one or two files, it is done quickly. But if there are many of them, renaming them all is a time-consuming task in Windows Explorer. Fortunately TreeSize assists you with this task!
With Bulk Rename you can rename as many files as you like in one swing. The easy to use dialog offers several operations that can be used to modify the file name:
- Replace text, optionally by using a regular expression.
- Insert the selected text as a prefix, suffix or at a specific position.
- Serialize the file names.
- Delete a certain text within the filenames or any text at a certain position.
A preview allows to see which renaming operations effectively is going to be performed, which prevents wrong bulk renamings.
Use Cases for TreeSize Bulk Rename
Do you want to prepare multiple documents for uploading them to your SharePoint server? We gathered some interesting use cases from our customers for you:
Prepare file names for SharePoint migration
The problem is that certain characters are not allowed in filenames on SharePoint, that are valid in the normal file system and that are commonly used. TreeSize Professional can help: We prepared some tips & tricks for you on our blog.
Add additional information to multiple file names
You have a lot of pictures on your computer which have only the date as file name. To get a better overview, you want to insert the name of the event at which the pictures were taken in front of the date.
- Use the TreeSize File Search to find all relevant files.
- Click "Check all" in the ribbon bar "Start".
- Click "Start" > File Operations >Bulk Rename".
- Select "Insert as prefix" as renaming rule and enter the corresponding values in the columns.
- Click "Execute", done!
Try TreeSize for Free
We believe it's important to test software before you buy it, to figure out if it fits into your workflows. That's why we provide a 30 days trial for TreeSize, without registration. Be sure to check it out!