Main Features at a Glance
Efficient Disk Space Management & Reporting
- See the size of all folders including their subfolders and break it down to the file level.
- Visualize scan results like disk usage in the pie or bar chart.
- Treemap charts visualize hierarchies and sizes of subfolders in the selected directory.
- Detailed view with single files and much additional information (e.g. date of last access).
- Statistics about file types and file owners for every branch.
- Filter the file system tree on the left by a certain user or file type.
- See a list of the largest files.
- Distribution of occupied disk space by file age.
- Scan SharePoint servers, Amazon S3, WebDAV, drive images, Outlook mailboxes, Azure Blob Storage as well as Linux machines via SSH.
- Disk Space Management on smartphones and mobile devices.
Versatile File Search
- Flexible and fast search for files and folders included.
- Easy to access basic search.
- Fully customizable file search with many supported search criteria.
- Files with long paths are reliably found.
- Search multiple drives, entire servers and even your complete network neighborhood.
- Search for user permissions in your Active Directory.
- Export search results in various formats.
- TreeSize offers a powerful duplicate file search, optionally with MD5 or SHA256 checksums.
- TreeSize can also deduplicate duplicate files using NTFS hardlinks.
File Management & Disk Cleanup
- Archive, copy, move, or delete the search results of the TreeSize File Search, for instance large, old, or temporary files or files with common characteristics.
- Rename multiple files at once and so e.g. replace unwanted characters in a large number of file names.
- Export all collected data to various formats such as Excel, a nicely formatted PDF, HTML, XML, text/CSV file, clipboard, or as email.
- Many configuration options e.g. for the export depth.
- Export a list of all files in the scanned folder and all its subfolders, for example for use in a database.
Customized Analyses & Views
- The displayed columns and their order can be configured separately for each view and export ("Details" tab, Excel export, PDF-file, ...)
- Include and exclude certain files or folders in your scans.
- Command line options allow automatic and scheduled scans of your hard disk (e.g. overnight) and the creation of reports and exports.
- A comfortable user interface simplifies creation and editing of scheduled scans and exports as Windows tasks.
High Performance Thanks to Multithreading
- Browse the results during scanning.
- Scan and view several folders at the same time.
- Automatic optimization of the number of threads that are used for a parallel scan.
Full NTFS Support
- File based NTFS compression.
- Hardlinks and Alternate Data Streams (ADS) are displayed and taken into account.
- File paths longer than 255 characters will be found and processed correctly.
- NTFS permissions can be displayed and exported.
Perfect Integration With the Windows Explorer
- The Explorer context menu is supported inside TreeSize
- TreeSize can be started from within the Windows Explorer.
- Drag and Drop is enabled in both directions.
Want to Know More About the Features of TreeSize?
Vote for TreeSize Features
Your opinion counts! Be part of the decision team and vote for new TreeSize features.