- Several bugs that could lead to missing results or exceptions in the file content search have been fixed.
- If the separate input field for searching for file contents was activated, it now remains visible even after restarting the program.
- An error occurred in the Query Composer when changing the program language. The problem has been solved.
- An error when deleting files from the result list has been corrected.
26 May 2021
- UltraSearch now has a dark theme for the user interface. Its activation can either be linked to the corresponding Windows setting or switched on and off specifically.
- Searching for specific file types such as audio, video, or office files has been significantly simplified: By using the file type filter, the desired file type can be selected or changed and activated and deactivated with a simple click.
- The search for file contents has been streamlined and now offers a separate entry field as in previous versions. If required, this can be activated via a button in the ribbon bar.
- A new overview bar has been added above the search field. This will provide information about the filters that are currently active.
- Additional buttons for starting and finishing the search can now be displayed on the "Start" tab via the options. If this option is active, a search is no longer started automatically when a search pattern is entered, but only when the button or the "Enter" key is pressed. Changing the filter settings will still automatically start a new search.
- The File Operations dialog now has an option to retain the timestamps of files (creation date, modification date, last access) during a copy or move operation on the file system.
- An option to disable the splash screen has been added.
- The full version of the product can now be downloaded and installed directly from the demo version by entering the customer ID and installation key. The setup of the full version is performed automatically and unattended and can optionally be deferred until the application is closed.
- The command line parameter/CLIPBOARD can now be used to copy search results to the clipboard for further processing.
- Support for Windows Core Servers has been discontinued with this version.
- The user interface has been made more intuitive: The Search tab has been removed from the ribbon bar. All search and filter functions are now located on the "Start" tab. File operations such as copying, opening or deleting files as well as export functions of the results list have been moved to a separate "Results List" tab, which is displayed when results exist and hidden when the results list is empty.
- The menu item for opening the file path of a selected file has been adapted to the corresponding option in Windows Explorer. For this purpose, the icon has been replaced and the option has been renamed from "Open path" into " Open file path".
- UltraSearch is now also available in Japanese, Hungarian and Portuguese (Brazil).
- To simplify a new search entry, an existing search term will be completely selected again when clicking in the search field.
- The support of high-resolution monitors has been enhanced.
- When importing drive information, the drive paths are now displayed in the status bar.
- The search syntax hints in the empty result list have been removed. More detailed information and examples can still be found in the program help.
- The hint that UltraSearch is minimized to the notification area is now only indicated after initial activation of the corresponding option.
- In some cases, UltraSearch could not be started from the taskbar. This problem has been fixed.
- Languages written from right to left are now correctly depicted again when typed into the search field.
- In the results list, opening a file by double-clicking would not work in some cases. This problem has been fixed.
- An error in the selection of the target for file operations has been corrected.
- Special settings, such as collapsing the ribbon toolbar, are now preserved beyond a restart of the program.
- In rare occasions, results were displayed twice in the results list. This problem has been fixed.
- Support for Windows high contrast display mode has been improved.
- Files are now no longer deleted from the results list when the confirmation to move the files to the Recycle Bin was rejected.
13 April 2021
- When using the semicolon to separate multiple search terms, an error occurred in some cases. The problem has been solved.
- An error when searching for file types and file content using Query Composer has been fixed.
- Opening URL files via double-click now works correctly.
- An error that could occur when browsing OneDrive and Dropbox folders has been fixed.
- When starting UltraSearch via the Windows Explorer context menu, the search will now be started after the user has entered a search pattern.
- A bug when searching for files in folders with trailing spaces has been fixed.
- The visual representation of the exclude filter has been adapted: If the filter is activated, this option is now highlighted in blue, analogous to the other filters.
- A bug that caused the file preview to still show the contents of a file that had just been deleted was fixed.
- The tooltip in the result list now matches the currently selected element.
- Sorting the drive list by pinned drives now works properly.
- In some cases, the standard action for the respective file type was not executed when you double-clicked on a file in the result list. This issue has been resolved.
- The color for highlighting the sorted column has been corrected and now corresponds to the color of the previous version.
- The user interface options are now saved in the same folder as the program options.
- The readability of search input in "High Contrast" mode has been improved.
- Other small bug fixes and improvements were made.
11 November 2020
- Advanced access to network drives
- Search on Windows Server
- Advanced file operations
- Multi selection via checkboxes