You are a Microsoft Most Valued Professional or a Microsoft Certified Trainer?
Here's what we can offer you!
Track Disk Space Usage Continuously in the Background
- The SpaceObServer Agent scans selected drives and stores the collected data in an SQL database.
- Scan network drives without the need to install additional software on the server.
- Scan all shares of a complete server at the touch of a button or schedule scans.
- SpaceObServer can access the NTFS Change Journals of local drives and updates information about local NTFS drives continuously.
The Enterprise Edition offers even more disk space management features:
- Determine disk space occupied by Exchange mailboxes (right down to folder level).
- Linux and Unix file systems can usually be scanned via NFS (Network File System) or Samba - the Enterprise Edition allows you to scan them directly via SSH (Secure Shell).
Analyze Disk Space
- The size of each folder is displayed directly in the file system tree: easily discover which folders occupy most of your hard disk space.
- Visualize disk space usage and track down unwanted files with several visualization options.
- A space usage history shows development over time and provides an approximate estimate of disk space usage development for the future.
- View, print and export 3D bar, pie, line charts and tree maps.
- Scanned directories can be merged in "Containers", allowing analyses across drives, e.g. to search for duplicate files.
- Statistics can be grouped by users or file extensions.
- Compare folders and file structures to find similar or identical trees.
Remote access with Add-ons (sold separately)
Search for Files
- The highly customizable file search allows filtering your files by size, last change, last access and creation date, extension, filename and path pattern, file attributes, owner or full path length.
- Filter options are applied directly to the directory tree and all other views.
- Duplicate files can be identified by the MD5 checksum of their content or a combination of name, size and last change date, for even easier deduplication operations.
Clean up Disk Space
- Print reports showing the directory structure or save them as XLS, XLSX, XML, PDF, RTF, Text- or HTML- files and export them to the clipboard.
- Directly send reports via e-mail.
- Charts can be exported in the common graphic formats JPG, GIF and PNG.
The SpaceObServer Enterprise Edition offers automated Reporting via OLE Automation
- The OLE Automation interface allows scheduling your exports from within your own scripts or applications.
- All programming languages that offer an OLE Automation interface are supported (e.g. C#, VBScript, VB.NET, Delphi, Windows PowerShell, VBA in Microsoft Office).
- Programming examples are included.
Complete NTFS support
- Visibility and order of the columns can be configured for the details view and each export type separately.
- You can easily customize the output format, e.g. number of decimals, size unit (Byte, KB, MB, GB, TB or automatic display of an appropriate size unit) etc.
- Unicode file and directory names.
- The Explorer context menu within the SpaceObServer interface.
- Windows File Paths longer than 255 characters.