Main Features at a Glance
Track Disk Space Usage Continuously in the Background
- The SpaceObServer scan service scans selected drives and stores the collected data in an SQL database.
- Scan network drives without the need to install additional software on the server.
- Scan all shares of a complete server simultaneously or schedule scans.
- SpaceObServer can access the NTFS Change Journals of local drives and updates information about local NTFS drives continuously.
- Get an overview of your space usage on SharePoint Online and SharePoint On-Premise using SpaceObServer (support of multi-factor authentication included).
- Linux and Unix file systems can usually be scanned via NFS (Network File System) or Samba - SpaceObServer allows you to scan them directly via SSH (Secure Shell).
- The scan of Amazon S3 cloud storage is possible with SpaceObServer.
- Determine disk space occupied by Exchange mailboxes (right down to folder level). (Enterprise Edition only)
Analyze & Report on Disk Space
- The size of each folder is displayed directly in the file system tree: easily discover which folders occupy most of your hard disk space.
- Visualize disk space usage and track down unwanted files with several visualization options.
- Make the most of disk space reporting and manage your storage.
- View, print and export 3D bar, pie, line charts and treemap charts.
- In a file preview you can see detailed information about selected files.
- Scanned directories can be merged in "Containers", allowing analyses across drives, e.g. to search for duplicate files.
- Statistics can be grouped by users or file extensions.
- Detect unwanted space hogs using the Top 100 Files list.
- Graphical distribution of occupied disk space grouped by age of files or size of files.
- Compare folders and file structures to find similar or identical trees.
Space Usage Trending and Size Growth History
- A space usage history shows development over time and provides an approximate estimate of disk space usage development for the future.
- Show the size growth of each file and folder directly in the Details list and all available Export types. Additionally, size growth per week and per month are available.
- Size growth for each user or for each file type can be displayed and exported.
Remote Access with Add-ons (sold separately)
- The SpaceObServer Remote Client offers access to all scan results from different workstations in your network.
- Use the SpaceObServer Web Access to access scan results in your standard web browser.
Search for Files
- The highly customizable file search allows filtering your files by size, last change, last access and creation date, extension, filename and path pattern, file attributes, owner, NTFS permissions or full path length.
- Filter options are applied directly to the directory tree and all other views.
- Duplicate files can be identified by the MD5 checksum of their content or a combination of name, size and last change date, for even easier deduplication operations.
Manage Files and Recover Disk Space
- Move, archive or delete multiple folders and files at once - for example, files with a certain minimum age. If desired, file permissions can be retained or links can be stored at the point of origin. Manage Data Lifecycle as well.
- Files and folders can also be moved and copied to Amazon S3 Storages or Linux/Unix-servers.
- State of the art deduplication-feature: SpaceObServer can replace duplicate files with NTFS hardlinks.
- Multiple files and folders can be renamed at once with the Bulk Rename feature.
- Print reports showing the directory structure or save them as Excel, XML, PDF, HTML, CSV or text-file and export them to the clipboard.
- Directly send reports via e-mail.
- Charts can be exported in the common graphic formats JPG, GIF and PNG.
Automated Reporting via OLE Automation
For Enterprise Edition only.
- Automatize your disk space reporting comfortable with a variety of Post Scan Actions.
- Data Lifecycle Management: Move, archive or delete old files with certain criteria automatically.
- The OLE Automation interface allows scheduling your exports from within your own scripts or applications.
- All programming languages that offer an OLE Automation interface are supported (e.g. C#, VBScript, VB.NET, Delphi, Windows PowerShell, VBA in Microsoft Office).
- Programming examples are included.
Complete NTFS Support
- File-based NTFS compression.
- Alternate Data Streams (ADS) and hardlinks are shown.
- SpaceObServer finds and processes file paths exceeding 255 characters.
- SpaceObServer analyzes NTFS permissions and can filter for files with specific access permissions.
- The user interface is available in various languages.
- Visibility and order of the columns can be configured for the details view and each export type separately.
- You can easily customize the output format, e.g. number of decimals, size unit (Byte, KB, MB, GB, TB or automatic display of an appropriate size unit) etc.
- Unicode file and directory names.
- The Explorer context menu within the SpaceObServer interface.
- Windows File Paths longer than 255 characters.
Want to Know More About the Features of SpaceObServer?
Vote for SpaceObServer Features
Your opinion counts! Be part of the decision team and vote for new SpaceObServer features.