FinTS is a standard in German payment transactions that enables secure online banking. The FinTS protocol allows the use of the PIN/TAN procedure, which is already known from online banking, and is thus a further development of the older HBCI standard, which did not yet support it.
For convenient online banking, a tool that can forward payments directly to the bank via FinTS is best suited. SEPA-Transfer supports all common security procedures: Your data is securely transferred to the bank via FinTS / HBCI.
To activate FinTS / HBCI in SEPA-Transfer, if you have not already done so during the initial setup of SEPA-Transfer:
- Open the program settings and check "Use FinTS/HBCI" in the "Online banking" section.
- Now a setup wizard opens, which guides you comfortably through the online banking setup: Here, among other things, you enter the user ID you received from your bank to log in to online banking.
- Then choose between the following login procedures:
- PIN/TAN, all common TAN procedures are supported.
- Chip card (Enterprise Edition only)
Now everything is ready to send transfers and direct debits directly to your bank and retrieve account transactions.
If desired, SEPA-Transfer Enterprise Edition automatically creates an Excel log containing all transaction data after your transactions are completed or exports account transactions to an Excel file.
SEPA-Transfer not only helps with online banking when communicating with the bank, but also has a practical import and export of payment data in various formats.
With the import wizartd you can import your payment data conveniently from Excel to SEPA-Transfer and forward it to your bank. SEPA-Transfer Enterprise Edition even supports importing payment data from the database.